Are you ready to create positive lasting change in your life, starting right now?

Are you ready to create positive lasting change in your life, starting right now?

Please click this link: HYPNOSIS SEATTLE

and visit Sally Holmes Reed's Hypnosis Seattle Hypnotherapy Services website for more information about how hypnosis and hypnotherapy can help you solve your problems, get results better than you ever expected, and create the life you desire, with less stress and more success.


We can lead extraordinary lives
and find fulfillment by listening
to what our problems and fears are telling us
and taking inspired action
to make the changes needed
to live a happy, healthy, abundant life.

Successful people are courageous.

We clear the fear, breakthrough boundaries,
overcome obstacles,
challenge the status quo,
refuse to give up,
because we consciously choose to move forward
and envision a brighter future for ourselves and create a better world for us all.



Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Cycle Tool

More Emotional Brain Training

The Cycle Tool for Brain State 4

"State the facts about your upset.
No feelings. Just the facts.
Keep it short, however, long enough to arouse strong emotions in your body.

Then launch into the Natural Flow of Feelings
I feel angry that . . .
I feel sad that . . .
I feel afraid that . . .
I feel guilty that . . .
Express short choppy sentences to express your feelings.
Your stress will begin to quiet down, and you will be in the portal of your emotional brain.

At that point, you can use deductive reasoning to identify your Unreasonable Expectation.

Then find a Reasonable Expectation — the opposite of the unreasonable one — which squashes the wiring of that old unreasonable expectation.

In a flash you will go into a stress response, which is why we use Encouraging Words, a short statement of support to keep you thinking about the reasonable expectation.

The most powerful part of The Cycle is to identify the Essential Pain, the change, loss, upset, reality to face, and grow from, in order to switch your brain to joy, and feel the joy response.

The Essential Pain is the truth about the human condition or my life that I must face in order to follow through with this new reasonable expectation, in a state of balance and joy.

The Earned Reward is your reason for following through with that reasonable expectation, and if that reward is not more pleasurable than the Essential Pain then the expectation needs some tweaking. It’s not reasonable.

Last, as you return to Brain State 1, ask What do I need? (including need for support from others).

If you like, check to see if there is a circuit you want to break that was revealed by the Cycle. That’s your positive affirmation or Grind In. Repeat it 10 times, 1 to 3 times per day to help break that old neural circuit and build a new one that leads to joy.

Here’s a demonstration of The Cycle Tool by the founder of Emotional Brain Training, Laurel Mellin, MA, RD, Associate Clinical Professor of Family and Community Medicine and Pediatrics at UCSF.

Our unconscious emotional expectations hold us in a stress response.

Use the Cycle Tool to nab that unconscious unreasonable expectation, bring it to a conscious level and rewire it.

Just the Facts:
My shoulder hurts from playing golf, my brother is in the hospital after open heart surgery, I am going to visit a friend tomorrow morning in LA, and see her daughter’s wedding reception, and I am missing my mother, who passed away a little more than two years ago.

Natural Flow of Feelings
I feel angry that my shoulder hurts. I hate it that my mother is gone . . .
I feel sad that my brother is sick. I feel sad that my shoulder hurts.
I feel afraid that I will keep having losses, my mother . . . more . . .
I feel guilty that I feel bad.

My Unreasonable Expectation is that I shouldn’t feel bad when I am in the midst of loss.

My Reasonable Expectation? I expect myself to feel as bad as I need to feel for as long as I need to feel it.

Encouraging Words? I can do that!

The Essential Pain is that: Life can be difficult. I will have pain.

The Earned Reward (of accepting that): I can see myself. I can honor myself.

Now, I can feel a sense of sanctuary within. I am at Brain State 1.

Now that I have switched my brain from stress to joy, what do I need (including what do I need from others)?

What do I need? To enjoy my life. To appreciate how much love I feel for my mother, my brother, my family. I need to call the hospital and find out how my brother is doing (it’s still a “no visitor” day as he is in intensive care and in discomfort).

Grind In: I feel full of love and gratitude right now, just as I am.
Repeat your affirmation 10 times, 1 to 3 times per day, to help break that old neural circuit and build a new one that leads to joy.

The Cycle Tool gives us the power to rewire our unconscious memory systems, and using it simply as in the example or in ways that target healing of our early trauma and most challenging situation, such as with addictions, rejections, and survival needs. It guides us through the natural processing of stress through the brain, sending that electrical and chemical energy through stress and back to joy."

No comments:

Pay for your session with PayPal

Hypnotherapy Session Options
WELCOME from SALLY HOLMES REED, owner of HYPNOSIS SEATTLE, your consulting hypnotist and certified hypnotherapist, here in Seattle, WA, USA.

Are you looking for help in solving your problems and achieving your goals?

At Hypnosis Seattle, my goal is to help you make positive changes in your life and get the good feelings you want, with more success and less stress.

Safe and effective, hypnosis uses leading edge science to make positive changes happen in your life. Did you know that through hypnosis you can free your subconscious mind to give you what you want?

Hypnosis allows you to enter a wonderful state of relaxation and heightened suggestibility. This will help you feel better, more energized and feel positive about creating whatever you desire in your life.

What are you willing to give yourself, and accept for yourself? Any thoughts and ideas that may have been troubling you, or your inability to reach your goal, can change to something that supports you completely.

Now I would like to help you experience how to use your mind to achieve what you want, make changes, reduce stress, break old habits and feel good about yourself.

You probably know that learning and change take place at an unconscious level. Hypnosis allows you to easily access the creative part of yourself. See yourself making new choices.

Discover how hypnosis will bypass your critical mind and create a special psychological state which allows you to learn, grow and make positive change happen quickly and easily.

Leaving you free at a conscious level to relax and enjoy your experience during your hypnosis session. It will happen automatically so you don’t have to think about it now.

Begin by exploring what would be wonderful for you to achieve or change?

* ACCOMPLISH GOALS
* GET RID OF OLD HABITS & BEHAVIOR
* REVERSE THE EFFECTS OF STRESS
* STRENGTHEN YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
* GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT
* ATTRACT YOUR SOUL MATE
* CREATE POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS
* ENHANCE PERSONAL GROWTH
* BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE
* HEAL YOUR EMOTIONS
* NURTURE YOURSELF

Many clients have multiple issues that come up even if they come in with only one problem they want to solve. Hypnosis and the other processes I use are able to resolve complex issues on every level, even if you are not consciously aware of them.

Some clients discover the cause of one problem and clear it and find that other issues are resolved as well. I call it "extra wellness" when several problems get resolved while you are working on another.

Balance your body, mind and spirit, reduce the effects of stress, and heal your emotions with fun, easy, safe and effective processes that work on an unconscious level.

Call or contact me now. CLICK HERE!

I look forward to helping each client solve their problems and so much more.

Take care, Sally

P.S.

Why not claim your right to happiness right now?

Smile and look forward to a new future.

Do good things.